Developing a professional intellectual property law marketing plan can help you generate additional referrals and qualified leads. A productive legal marketing plan will also help you improve your online marketing presence via thought leadership positioning and social media usage (especially LinkedIn).
Listed below are just a few of the many ways we can help you create an effective intellectual property marketing plan for your law firm to bring in new clients and generate more revenue to increase your profitability.
Market Research for Your Intellectual Property Law Marketing Plan
Focusing on the right audience is an essential part of any business development effort. We help you identify and reach out to prospective new clients, including:
- Technology companies
- Digital advertising agencies
- Publishers (newspapers, television, radio, etc.)
- Website owners
- Contest sponsors
Content Marketing as Part of Your Intellectual Property Law Firm Marketing Plan
Writing and publishing articles about intellectual property law can be a very effective way to draw qualified prospects to your website to learn more about your law firm. Some of the intellectual property law topics you might address include:
- Patent litigation
- Copyright registration
- Copyright licensing
- Copyright litigation
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act
- Trademark registration
- Trademark licensing
- Trademark litigation
- Cybersquatting and domain name disputes
- Trade secret litigation
- Non-disclosure agreements
- Unfair competition law
By offering your website visitors important information about intellectual property issues, you can encourage potential clients to contact your law firm via phone or email for a free consultation.
Top Industry Associations and Conferences for Your Intellectual Property Law Marketing Plan
We will evaluate industry conferences as part of your marketing plan, including those listed below, to help you determine which are the best fit for your business development efforts.
- American Bar Association, Section of Intellectual Property Law. Members of the IP Section can access webinars, Landslide magazine, committees, action groups, legislative updates, CLE opportunities, books, and more. Each spring, the Section’s annual meeting draws top experts in intellectual property law.
- American Intellectual Property Law Association. The AIPLA was founded in 1897 and hosts three annual conferences in winter, spring, and fall as well as numbers seminars and online educational programs in specialized areas of IP law.
- Federal Bar Association, Intellectual Property Law Section. Attorneys that represent IP clients in federal courts and in front of federal agencies may be most interested in joining this national network, which offers CLE events, seminars, and educational materials on federal IP law.
- International Intellectual Property Law Association. Attorneys that represent IP clients across the world may benefit from a membership with this organization, which offers conferences, summits, and executive briefings on “hot button” issues in international IP law.
- State and Local Bar Associations. For practices that represent clients within a smaller geographic area, the Insurance Defense Law Section of your state or local bar association may be the best fit. Because these associations are smaller, members have more opportunities to network within their community and to hold leadership positions within the organization.
We will help you determine which trade associations and conferences might play an important role in your attorney marketing plan, based on your geographic location and target audience.
Never Stop Marketing!
We will create an intellectual property law firm marketing plan for your intellectual property law practice that can also include but is not limited to:
- Newsletters and client alerts
- Social media marketing
- Advertising campaigns
- Search engine optimization for intellectual property law terms
- Legal directories
Legal Marketing Agency for Law Firms
If your law firm is asking how you can get more business, give us a call. We have helped more than 150 law firms in 36 states pursue new business opportunities. We make it our business to identify who you need to contact at corporations, insurance companies, and municipalities to be considered as outside counsel.
Legal Expert Connections, Inc. offers three key benefits to law firms nationwide:
- We are a leading U.S. legal marketing agency specializing in new business development. We know the outside counsel process and can accelerate your business development efforts by identifying who you need to contact.
- You get a structured business development process. We guide your law firm through a proven three-step campaign that brings discipline, focus, and productivity to your marketing efforts.
- Increase revenue with professional, Bar-compliant legal marketing campaigns. We do the research to identify prospects, so you can focus your time on the business development process. We have in-depth knowledge of attorney advertising guidelines, and strive to prepare bar-compliant marketing materials.